Mother Teresa was born Agnes Gonxha Bojaxhiu in Skopje, Macedonia, on August 26, 1910. Her family was of Albanian descent. At the age of eighteen, she left home and join sisters. She is also the founder of Order of the Missionaries of Charity, which helps poor. Mother Teresa is considered one of the great person of the 20th century. She taught in India for 17 years. She spends her all live for sick and poor peoples. In 1979, she received the Nobel Peace Prize for her humanitarian work. She died on September 1997.
Mother Teresa Early Life
She was born in Skopje its current capital of the Republic of Macedonia. Her parents are Nikola and Dranafile Bojaxhiu, Her father was an entrepreneur and construction contractor. Her mother belongs to the devoutly Catholic family. And her father involved in local church and other political matters of the city. When she was only eight years old her father died, No one knows the reason of death some said he poisoned by political enemies.
After her father died, she attaches with her mother. She got an education from convent-run primary school and state-run secondary school. At the age of 18, she decides to become a nun and join the Sisters of Loreto in Dublin, She knows the name of Sister Mary Teresa after Saint Thérèse. After one year she moves to India. In May 1931 she moves to Calcutta for teaching in Saint Mary’s High School for Girls. While living in India she speaks both languages Bengali and Hindi. In 1944 she becomes a school principal due to her kindness.
Mother Teresa Life Facts
(1) In 1946 she found the Missionaries of Charity, Nun called her Mother Teresa. Indian government granted her citizenship in 1951. In 1952 she open first home for dying and mobile leprosy clinic.
(2) Sister Nirmala is a nun she converts to Roman Catholicism, She succeeded Mother Teresa as leader of the Missionaries of Charity in 1997.
(3) She spends most of her time for helping poor. She is not poor she was born in a wealthy family and had their own house, but she wants to run to help poor and needy. Her father was a businessman.
(4) She moves to India in 1929 and spends most of his life in India. In her early age, she studies the stories of poor Indians. At the age of 12, she commits herself to spend a religious life.
(5) After a move to India, She never saw his mother and sister. While teaching poor in Calcutta she has no equipment for teaching. She uses walls and wooden sticks for teaching. Working for poor in Calcutta’s slums she has no pay, then she begs for food.
(6) She received 120 honors and awards during his life. Including Nobel peace prize. Mother Teresa and Princess Diana were friends they meet in New York last time in 1997. She died 5 days later after Diana died in a road accident.
(7) On September 5, 1997, Mother Teresa died of a heart attack. When she is in the order of headquarters.